Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Colorado Dairy Tour - Oct 21-24, 2008

Special thanks to the AgChoice Dairy Team for giving me the opportunity to tour Colorado. I've been to the West and Mid-West to see Dairies in 1997, 1998, and 2003. Each time, the experience gave something I could bring back home to PA to share with customers and colleagues.

The Blog idea hit me as a way to share the experience "on the fly". Please post your thoughts and questions. Everything is fair game as I think this can be a neat way to uncover some new ideas as well as provide some comparisons and contrasts of the PA style vs Co style of dairy farming.

This is a special trip for me as it marks the first time that my wife Carol was able to go West with me on a business trip. AgChoice is great at providing educational opportunities and encouraged bringing your spouse. In case anyone is wondering, AgChoice is paying for my expenses and the Brogdon's are paying for Carol. Thank you AgChoice for the opportunity to gain industry experience!

Of course the trip takes some planning. We will fly out of Pittsburgh and arrive in Denver on Saturday, October 18. I am taking Monday off as a Vacation day and will join the PDMP tour group on Tuesday, Oct 21.

Upon arrival in Denver, we'll rent a car and do some sight seeing. Looking forward to the trip!!!

No comments: